Seiten

Sonntag, 27. Oktober 2013

Blogger´s Quilt Festival

It is this time of the year again. Amy at "Amy´s creative Side" hosts the Blogger´s Quilt Festival. At this festival the most wonderful and creative quilters and quilts come together to inspire and be inspired.
This year I will participate with the babyquilt I made recently and blogged about it here.


It is a traditional double wedding ring pattern and I used some of my beloved selvages for it.  For the backround I used some vintage inspired fabric prints by Denyse Schmidt and Jenn Ski.
It is a baby quilt but at the moment it hangs on my bedroom wall and enlightens my mornings when I wake up.

For the photo shoot I went to one of my favorite spots in my city Berlin. It is a little island in the river Spree. I spent hours there, every spot seemed to be the perfect setting, but at the end I had to decide. These are the photos I loved best.


I enter this quilt and the photos of it to the category "Quilt Photographer".



11 Kommentare:

  1. Selvadges! I love it! Amazing work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I really like the photo of your lovely Wedding Ring quilt on the sculpture in the park. What a wonderful contrast of the softness of the fabrics with the smooth lines of the art piece. Lovely!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very fun scrappy double wedding ring.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Very pretty quilt! Good luck in the Blogger's Quilt Festival!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Beautiful quilt. I love that you used the selvages for the rings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Your quilt is lovely, and what fun to use selvages.

    AntwortenLöschen