Seiten

Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013

A long term project

This is about a quilt top I finished yesterday evening. For me it is a long term project. Allthough... sometimes I read about quilts that have been lying around for many years. That didn´t happen to me yet... But there are some bits and pieces in the depth of my drawer...:-)
But back to this quilt top.
I really love it.

A few months ago I bought "Material Obsession" by Kathy Doughty and Sarah Fielke. This quilt pattern is not one of the books but I was very inspired by the way they put fabric and pattern together. So lets say I was hardly inspired!


So the first thing I had to do this morning, as soon as the light was right ( the sun just had climbed over Berlins city roofs) I went into my backyard and took some pictures.


Quilting it might take some more time, as I am really busy with work until christmas...and there are two other tops waiting.
But this op waited so long to be finsihed, it can wait a little longer to become a proper quilt.
Take Care and have a sunny day!





7 Kommentare:

  1. That is truly beautiful! I love the design and the dresdens and fans! great job!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love this quilt top, the pattern is beautiful and you picked some really nice fabrics that go wonderfully well together.
    What I like best is how the 'middle' part of the quarter motifs go into the brown frame. That gives it a look that's a bit less regimented (for wont of a better word). The flying geese rows are just right in rounding it all off. I really like it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love what you have come up with. The flying geese and combination of plates and fans, wonderful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Gefällt mir gut. Ja, das Buch ist der Hammer. Man möchte gleich mit tausend Projekten loslegen :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow,ist der schön.Ganz tolle Farbauswahl,vor allem die einzelnen braunen Stoffe ""erden ""das Ganze.Superschön.(Ich finde die Bücher von Material Obsession auch sehr inspirierend,kennst du das Neue von Kathy Doughty??l

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Beautiful quilt. Love the geese borders.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. So lovely!
    Greetings from Finland!
    Hugs, Ulla

    AntwortenLöschen