Seiten

Montag, 2. September 2013

Stupid Instagram and New Flickr


It is really a shame and a pity. Instagraming made me a very lazy blogger. And also I don´t feel as inspired by browsing flickr as I used to. And this is definitively not because the work shown is less amazing, but spending time on flickr is not as much fun as it was before they changed everything. I can`t even explain, what it is, I just don´t like it anymore.


And then today when I posted a work in progress picture of a quilt I am working on instagram, I noticed that it really made me sad that you couldn´t see the nice colours that these fabrics have and  so I decided to get out my good camera and for a day not to use the crappy phone camera.
The light outside is quite dark anyway, its fall here now.


One more reason to stay inside, making quilts and music. This is what I do on my free day, today.
So, long story short, here you go, see some pictures of my latest work in progress quilt. This is the first time I wanted to make a fall quilt. I chose a lot of greens and browns and some aquas and I think the result will definitively have a autumn feel to it.


By the way I am using my Singer featherweight for it, as my very fast other vintage singer machine had a break down a few weeks ago. Gotta go to the sewing machine doctor soon.
Yesterday I cleaned and oiled the featherweight and at first I didn´t have the feeling that it run better, but now I am quite satisfied.
This is it for today.
I wish you all a calm and peaceful week!







11 Kommentare:

  1. Das wird schön, so eine tolle Farbkombination! Und es ist echt gut, das du deinen Blog nicht vernachlässigst - so schön das auf Instagram sein mag, aber hier mit Text und den entsprechenden Bildern, das hat was! Und ich gebe dir recht, flickr ist seit der Umstellung echt nicht mehr so inspirierend......

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Oh, das wird ein wunderschöner Quilt! Bin gespannt aufs Ergebnis!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. what you say of flickr and instagram.... so true. these triangles are wonderful!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Ah, die Bilder hier zeigen viel mehr als auf IG! Sieht toll aus, das Muster und die Farben sind toll.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I've never used instagram but I agree flickr is not as fun as it use to be. Love your beautiful triangles.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I agree with you about flickr. I just don't like to browse there anymore. I enjoy following you on instagram and love the colors in your new quilt.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I agree - the photos on blogs are so much better than those on instagram :-)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wird ein schöner warmer Quilt.

    Über flickr bin ich leider auch total angepestet... so ein Mist aber auch!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. The main reason why I don't use instagram: the sepia pictures! I want to see real colors and not "old looking" ones ;)
    My new "flickr" for inspiration is Pinterest or plain old google image search.
    Love your fall colors :)
    Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I am glad you are back blogging. I love your triangles. I have given up on flickr completely, and never gone to instagram. Thank you for sharing your lovely work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Also flickr macht mir keine Probleme. Und bei Instagram bin ich nicht angemeldet, genauso wenig wie bei Pinterest und Facebook. Wann sollte ich das noch alles angucken? :) Ich mag auch lieber echte schöne Bilder statt die Instagram-Bilder. Aber das ist natürlich Geschmackssache. Schön jedenfalls, daß Du wieder bloggst.
    Dein neues Projekt sieht toll und vielversprechend aus. Ich freue mich auf weitere Bilder und Blogposts. ;)
    Seit wann hast Du eine Singer Featherweight. Ist die wirklich so leise und toll, wie immer alle schreiben?
    Lieben Gruß!

    AntwortenLöschen