Seiten

Sonntag, 7. Juli 2013

Progress

Ok, not just that I am in a much better mood for almost two weeks now, I also finished the commission  quilt top this morning. This is my plan. I want to baste the quilt tomorrow and then start quilting. This is the part I am most scared of. I will quilt a stitch in the ditch allover pattern and already bought the special sewingmachinefoot for that. So please cross your fingers for me, that everything works out fine.


Summer finally arrived here in Berlin, so I guess it is going to be a hot mess, with this huge quilt allover me, but I gave myself ten days to finish, I guess that´s possible.
I have to say I really like the outcome of the chosen fabrics for this pattern. It is quite retro, but somehow nice. I might try the huge grandmother flowers soon with my more colourful fabrics.
But I think for now I am a little Y-Seems overdosed, there might be another project in betweeen.
Can´t hink of that now.
I still have to decide if I sit myself on my scooter and head of to the lake (30 minutes drive), for a dip in the cool water, or if I rather sit on my balcony and later take a cold shower. Because of the fact that I already spend a few hours cycling through the city, I guess balcony is the winner.


I hope you have a phantastic summery sunday, too. Take care you all, and don´t forget sunscreen!!!


3 Kommentare:

  1. Filmreif! und ich drücke die Daumen, das das mit dem Quilten klappt :-) aber ganz besonders schön ist´s, das du wieder gut drauf bist - freu mich für dich!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Klasse!! y-seams sind mein persönlicher Albtraum, das möchte ich auch so schön können!

    Ich weiß schon, die Stoffe sind vom Besteller gewünscht mehr traditionell, aber mit der Farbzusammenstellung, dem Petrol und auch dem dunklen Orange ist der Quilt irgendwie "typisch Berlinquilter" geworden, also trotzdem unverkennbar.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. WOW! So ein tolles Quilt-Top! Die Farben sehen toll zusammen aus und ich bin sicher, dass der fertige Quilt phantastisch wird. Ich drücke auf jeden Fall die Daumen, dass das neue Füßchen super Dienste leistet und es Dir unter den vielen Stoffmassen nicht zu heiß wird.

    LG von der Ostsee, Claudia

    PS: Es freut mich wirklich zu hören, dass es Dir wieder besser geht.

    AntwortenLöschen