Seiten

Dienstag, 30. Juli 2013

A new project

Hi there,
who has visited me here for a little while knows, that I write about my mental state from time to time.
I have been looking for a possibility to incooperate my feelings and my personal and emotional characteristics into a quilty project.
After I had the improv quilting class with Lu Summers at the Fat Quarterly retreat ( Which was awesome by the way!!!) two weeks ago, I knew how to start. Next thing I did, I ordered some more solids from stoff und stil a not so pricey online fabric shop based in Denmark.


And here is the thing:
I wrote down some emotions/characteristics, which I deal with more or less often.
For every one of them I closed my eyes, thought about that emotion and waited what forms and colours would appear in my inner eyes. Then I scribbled these forms down and wrote down the colours.


For every emotion I want to make a 12" block, using several improv sewing techniques (some of them I learned at Lu´s class). If it is going to be a quilt later or a instalation of quilted squares, I don´t know yet.


I just found the idea of dealing with emotions from another approach quite interesting.
My first block was made yesterday evening and I would be interested if you can guess which emotion I had in mind.
Please leave a comment if you have and idea!

11 Kommentare:

  1. Hi, maybe I am totally mistaken but in my point of view this square deals with Love and Exitement. Kindest bjmonitas

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Without reading the comment above, my first intuition was also love and excitement!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Somehow I see affection and shyness (Schüchternheit) at the same time -despite all this bright outgoing orange tones. I don´t know why - maybe the plum tones have something of reclusiveness for me. Or the shape of a stil closed rose.

    Und dann bin ich noch zugegebenermaßen ein klein wenig neidisch auf Stoff und Stil- diese Fieslinge liefern nicht nach Ö. Pff.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Wenn Du magst kann ich welche für Dich bestellen und schicke sie dann weiter nach Österreich, wenn es sich dann noch lohnt...

      Löschen
  4. Geniale Idee, Miriam! Also, die Farben sind eher fröhlich, aber die Form eher eingeengt - Überinterpretation ?!?! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Natürlich ist rot immer ein Zeichen für Liebe und starke Gefühle, aber auch für Aggressivität und Extrovertiertheit. Das ist wie eine Explosion.
    Ich finde die Idee super die Gefühle damit zu spiegeln. Farben zeigen ja immer eine gewisse Grundstimmung. Manchmal beruhigen Farben und manchmal regen sie auf. Dieser spezielle Rotton mit Orange und das Pink ist sehr aufregend und auffallend. Ich habe übrigens einen Quilt aus diesen Farben. Im Augenblick ist der mir zu aufregend...

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Auf mich wirkte es eher nach "Anger".. Steh da wohl allein da mit meiner Ansicht! Der Block sieht aber toll aus und obwohl ich das schrille jetzt eher mit "Wut" zusammen bringe, hat er mich total angesprochen. Ich bin aber selbst ein bissl ein zornrösschen!
    Fantastisches Projekt! Bin gespannt wies weiter geht!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow, klingt nach einem spannendem Projekt. Das Rot hätte ich natürlich erstmal Liebe zugeordnet. Schaut wild aus. Könnte auch Spaß und Energie sein. Liege bestimmt total daneben ;)
    Susanne

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Da es sehr warm und unruhig ist, hätte ich auf Ärger, Frust, Wut und dergleichen getippt. Liebe wäre nett, ab aber irgendwie zweifle ich da. Du wirst es sicher auflösen.
    Daß Stoff & Stil so schöne Unis hat, ist mir entgangen. Hab doch auch schon mal dort bestellt. Wie ist die Qualität?

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Ach so. Die Projektidee finde ich super.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I dont know what is in your heart, but is a beautiful block and a lovely idea to express emotions so directly.
    Best wishes to you.

    AntwortenLöschen